Hi, I just finished JWC (Johnson and Wales Camp) the dish I’m going to tell you about is lasagna. The lasagna was definitely in my top 5 recipes. It would make a amazing diner you could a haed of time and warm it up the next day. Here’s what you need to know and how to make it.
2 pounds Italian sausage
4 quarts of marinara sauce
4 pounds pasta sheet
2 pounds ricotta cheese
6 quarts water mildly salted simmering at 190 Fahrenheit
4 tablespoons Olive oil
Method of Preparation
Browning the sausage
- In a medium size sauté pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brown the sausage. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
Boil the pasta
Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 2 inch hotel pan or smaller sized casserole pan.
- Add one cup of salt
- Spoon ricotta cheese and sprinkle with some of the cooked sausage and some of the Parmesan cheese
- Ladle 6 to 8 ounces of sauce on top of the cheese and sausage
- Begin again with a layer of lasagna and continue as above until all the ingredients are used up ending with the Parmesan
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to to 35 minutes. If the cheese on the top hasn’t melted place pan under the broiler briefly.
- Rest at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy with a side of garlic bread and if you want to get really crazy put cheese on it.